Call Us Today 866-985-4742
Fat Transfer - A major breakthrough in breast reconstruction without implants or tissue flaps
Google Tag Manager
Breast cancer is devastating for many reasons, one of which is the effect to the appearance of the breasts, particularly after mastectomy. Breast reconstruction can restore a feminine profile by re-creating the breasts, but breast implant and tissue flap procedures are complex techniques that can often be problematic. They are mostly hospital based procedures, and have a significant complication rate. Now there is a real alternative to other more complex breast reconstruction techniques such as implants and expanders, and tissue flaps.
Incorporating groundbreaking techniques developed by surgeons such as Dr. Sydney Coleman, Dr. Gino Rigotti and Dr. Roger Khouri, The Breast Center at the Bougainvillea Clinique provides this 100% natural and scarless reconstructive alternative to patients in Central Florida, in a 100% outpatient setting. Dr. Hartog also uniquely provides an on site FDA registered tissue bank so fat can be stored for staged reconstruction procedures.
Not only do breast implants involve placing a foreign object in your body, implants are susceptible to a number of complications, including capsular contracture and unnatural-looking results.
Tissue flap procedures such as the TRAM, Latissimus and DIEP flaps, carry an increased risk of complications and often produce unsatisfactory results. Especially in cases of breasts treated with radiation, tissue flaps may be more likely to fail.
Breast reconstruction with Fat transfer, often described as the BRAVA®+AFT procedure, naturally reconstructs breasts without breast implants or risky tissue flap procedures. Breasts can be reconstructed with fat following:
Breast reconstruction with fat retains as much normal sensation as possible, and uses only your own body fat. Instead of invasive implant placement incisions, only a small incision is used to insert a needle for fat delivery.
Breast reconstruction with fat can be performed as an immediate or delayed reconstruction procedure.
There are numerous advantages of fat grafting as a breast reconstruction option, these are outlined in the table below:
Miami Breast Center breast reconstruction and surgery
*Fat grafting and suture suspension techniques are performed using only small needles for the procedures, thus the procedures will result in either no visible scars or possibly very small, almost invisible scars.
If you have recently undergone breast cancer treatment and are interested in breast reconstruction in the Orlando, Florida area, please contact experienced breast surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Hartog to schedule a consultation.
- ABOUT US
- Breast Reconstruction with Fat
- Breast Reconstruction after Mastectomy
- Breast reconstruction with fat compared to other options
- Lipo-flap Breast Reconstruction (LAFT Procedure)
- Immediate Breast Reconstruction with Fat Grafting
- Breast Reconstruction after Lumpectomy
- Abdominal tightening and Breast Shaping (RAFT)
- Breast Reconstruction after Implants or Tissue Flaps
- Breast Reconstruction with Fat after Radiation Therapy
- Breast Augmentation with Fat
- Tuberous Breast Correction
- Composite Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Complications
- Breast Lift combined with Fat Grafting
- Breast Implant Replacement with Fat
- THE PROCEDURE
- Fat Micrografting Technique
- BRAVA and Tissue Engineering
- Liquid Gold LipoBank
- The Aesthetic Surgery Center of Winter Park
- Stem and Regenerative Cell Technologies
- High-Definition Ultrasound Imaging
- Vectra 3-D imaging
- Advantages of Fat Reconstruction
- Reverse Abdominoplast wih Fat Transfer (RAFT)
- Refine® Internal Breast Suspension System
- CONTACT US